2bitGamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2bitGamersHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DontJudgeMyADD

DontJudgeMyADD

Rep : 0

Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Empty
PostSubject: Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?   Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 pm

I thought of a killing time thread for us...

Since it seems like games with out a #2, #3, etc.. are getting rarer as particular franchises gain strength, I've often wanted to go back and play older games from game 1 that I hear have great stories... but as I'm kept busy with newer games and franchises I'm already in, I think these may be good in novella form... but the more rational side of me knows they're probably terrible.

Has any one found/read the story from a game franchise and was there any satisfaction in it? Take for example Assassin's creed, Mass Effect, or even a final fantasy or Uncharted main story. I'm drawing a blank on better examples, but maybe you follow :-)

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Epic Beatrice
Epic Beatrice

Rep : 2

Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?   Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Played Skyrim, then i heard about Morrowwind. Played that, never touched Skyrim again.
Back to top Go down
http://tumblr.com
tobes1993

tobes1993

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?   Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:10 pm

I did actually read Assassins creed brotherhood, not so much that i was that fussed about the story and I will play it at some point anyway. I was simply browsing a bookshop and it was cheap so thought it might fun to see what it was like, turned out it was actually quite good.
Back to top Go down
funymunky

funymunky

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?   Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 pm

I don't really read video game books, but I'm sure Baldur's Gate has some pretty good books.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Admin
Michael

Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?   Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:13 pm

I've been writing and reading for a living now for nearly 10 years. That puts a damper on reading as a hobby. Sad really, because I was once a massive reader. I've also never been much for gaming related fiction.
Back to top Go down
https://twogamers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?   Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever read game stories for those franchises you didn't have the time or interest in?
Page 1 of 1