2bitGamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2bitGamersHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tobes1993

tobes1993

Rep : 1

Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Empty
PostSubject: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 pm

I like to think of myself as pretty tech savvy, but i'm certainly no whizz kid. Basically, is there much difference between the same card that is made by two different manufacturers? Because the cards names are always so different.
E.g. - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC Graphics card - 1 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM
- eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked Graphics card - 1 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

Would they effectively give the same performance or are there are actually many differences?

Possibly a really stupid question... but hey, thats how i roll. Just a bit curious.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Admin
Michael

Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

They are identical cards except for name brand and if they are overclocked or not. One manufacturer will not give a performance boost over another, but I usually stick with evga just because it's what I've always used and never had trouble.

I also never get pre-overclocked cards. But that's a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
https://twogamers.forumotion.com
tobes1993

tobes1993

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Michael wrote:
They are identical cards except for name brand and if they are overclocked or not. One manufacturer will not give a performance boost over another, but I usually stick with evga just because it's what I've always used and never had trouble.

I also never get pre-overclocked cards. But that's a personal preference.

Ok cool thanks. Now i won't have to stress over whether they're different when i come round to getting an upgrade....whenever that may be (damn you lack of money, damn you to hell)
Back to top Go down
theshizno

theshizno

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I have always gone for ATI.
Also, if you get a Saphire ATI card you can become part of ATI sapphire select club and get 5 free promotions per year for being golden member. I for example got dirt 3 with the purchase and for being part of the select club I got this year orcs must die, driver cleaner and battlefield bad company 2+vietnam expansion.
Back to top Go down
Epic Beatrice
Epic Beatrice

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I usually go for XFX but i'm sure they are shut now?
Back to top Go down
http://tumblr.com
Michael
Admin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Yes. Sadly XFX is kaput as far as video cards are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Epic Beatrice
Epic Beatrice

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am

Shame, they were one of the best. Sigh.

ASUS is a sure bet though.
Back to top Go down
http://tumblr.com
Michael
Admin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:46 am

ASUS are like gods among men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?   Difference between cards made by different manufacturers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Difference between cards made by different manufacturers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
2bitGamers :: PC Gaming :: Hardware Discussion-
Jump to: