2bitGamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2bitGamersHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need your input on possible MAJOR change

Go down 
+3
theshizno
funymunky
Michael
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Admin
Michael

Rep : 16

Need your input on possible MAJOR change Empty
PostSubject: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 am

Here's the deal. I have a desire to move forward, but also a desire to make you guys happy. So although these forums were meant to be a temporary stopping point, I feel that I owe it to you guys, especially those of you who were around since The Wolf Den, to ask for your opinions.

My goal has always been to host the blog and forums together. Now that the blog is on its own host, I want to move the forums. The problem is that since these forums are free and provided by Forumotion, it cannot be transferred along with the members, posts, etc. What does that mean? It means if I am to host the forums alongside 2bitgamers.com, it would be yet another fresh start. Not something I'm sure you want to hear after starting over from The Wolf Den. However, this isn't starting over, but instead moving forward. This was the plan from the beginning. I had hoped there would be a way to transfer the database, threads and posts, but it is not possible.

That is why, as much as I would like to move onto a new, privately hosted forum, I would like to hear what you guys think. Personally, I think the new forums would be a huge leap in usability and ease of administration controls. Not to mention it just plain looks better and has loads more options.

So, what do you guys think?

If you would like to see and get a feel for the new forums, you can find them at 2bitgamers.com/forums
Back to top Go down
https://twogamers.forumotion.com
funymunky

funymunky

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 am

I'd definitely support the change. I think my E-peen can suffer yet another post count drop Razz Seriously though, I don't really care about my post count, and we can always restart threads if we need to.
Back to top Go down
theshizno

theshizno

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 am

I think we could try changing ofc, but I tought maybe we could get a shoutbox? Smile
Maybe also some people would like to see top posters section (I dont aspire for that position but I know some people like it) or something like a poster of a month and maybe like public board statistics (total members, posts, topics, categories, most users online).
Thats just my 2 cents :S
Back to top Go down
Aginghobo

Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:15 am

Are the new forums open for business, Michael?
Back to top Go down
Michael
Admin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:53 am

Aginghobo wrote:
Are the new forums open for business, Michael?

They should be fully functional right now. I just haven't finished tweaking them.
Back to top Go down
Epic Beatrice
Epic Beatrice

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am

I'm for it. Keep everything nice and together. Organized.
Back to top Go down
http://tumblr.com
DontJudgeMyADD

DontJudgeMyADD

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:41 pm

No complaints from me. My post # and rep # isn't as impressive as some, but I'll stick with you through a transition.

Back to top Go down
tobes1993

tobes1993

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Link didn't work for me, says 'Template parse Error' but doesn't matter, I say go for it. Forward is always good (unless you're on a cliff edge).
Back to top Go down
tobes1993

tobes1993

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:08 pm

As long as we still do the Risen 2 giveaway.....!
Back to top Go down
Michael
Admin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:12 pm

tobes1993 wrote:
Link didn't work for me, says 'Template parse Error'

Yes, I was working on tweaking a few things. But it should be fine now. Since you are all ok with the switch, I will officially link the Forums to the blog. Thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down
Aginghobo

Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:58 pm

See you all on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need your input on possible MAJOR change   Need your input on possible MAJOR change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need your input on possible MAJOR change
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
2bitGamers :: 2bitGamers :: 2bitGamers Discussion-
Jump to: